Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Well I am not doing anything exciting like living it up in a world away, Germany or Beijing, or even on the west coast. I am just kicking it up in good old Utah. I am attending SLCC, because it is cheap. I am just finishing up my generals and maybe I will do some prerequisites before I transfer up to the U of U for my bachelors, which I have not decided exactly what it will be, in either athletic training, sports medicine, or exercise physiology. My ultimate, oh that reminds me of playing Frisbee with Maren, goal is to do Physical Therapy, which is a doctorates program. With PT school I hope to go out of state so I can experience the world outside of Utah, I really need to get out of this bubble, Maren you know what I am talking about, and live my life.
For work I am a CNA/PCT (Certified Nursing Assistant/Patient Care Tech). A little side note there is not a really big difference between them except for it depends on where you work. I started out at LDS Hospital as a CNA on their orthopedic unit. I ended up working there for about 16 months, when I decided that I was sick and tired of working with adults. So I went and applied for a job with a younger patients. Well I ended up getting a job at Primary Children's Medical Center as a PCT. I work on all the units so I get to see everything and I love it.
So that is my life in a nutshell.

2 comments:

A said...

Thats awesome that you work at Primary Childrens, alot of people in our court work up in the hospitals, and they really like it. What schools are you looking at for your doctorate?

Maren said...

I wanna play frisbee! And racquetball! It's going to be exciting. But pretty sure you'll probably kick my butt at both because I'm really lazy kickin' it here in Germany.