Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Disneyland for the holidays

So I spent Thanksgiving in Disneyland. It was a trip. I couldn't believe how many people were there. I wanted to stand up and shout, "why aren't you people at home eating Turkey?!" but I felt I would be a little hypocritical. My mother and I decided to go because it is now just the two of us and it seemed like a waste of energy to make a big dinner for two. So we decided to spend our turkey day in the happiest place on earth. A friend of ours invited us over for dinner so we took a few hours break from the ride and ate a wonderful meal. I made a cake and a pie for the occasion. the cake was good the pie was iffy.
So all in all it was a fun holiday until we came home that evening and found our downstairs celing falling in on us. that is another story and quite boring. let's just say there is a great big hole in our celiing and industrial fans running nonstop (water leak) But we're dealing with it and keeping spirits up. 'Tis the season to be Jolly after all. Have a wonderful holiday season and I hope to see some of you when I come back to Utah on Jan. 4th. (same day Greg gets back, if any of you are interested) Happy Holidays.

3 comments:

Maren said...

That would be the best Thanksgiving ever! Well, besides the ceiling falling in. I bet my pie was a worse kind of iffy. They don't have that pumpkin pie mix in a can over here in Germany so we just had to work with pupmkin chunks preserved in a jar. It turned out ok I guess.

A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A said...

Ryan prefers to make it with fresh pumpkin....so I bet neither of your pies were a worse kind of iffy.