Monday, September 17, 2007

Sprechen sie Deutsch?

Well a lot has happened since we graduated but I'll just run through the basics real quick. I went to BYU-I for a semester in 2006, decided I didn't like it so I moved back home with my parents and went to SLCC and worked. January of this year I got a phone call (from Angie's mom, none the less) and one month and one day later I was leaving on a jet plane not really knowing when I was going to be back again. Really. Clichè I know but so is it. I'm now living in northern Germany (cold) and working as an au pair. Or nanny for those of you like me that have never heard of au pair before. And "au" in au pair sounds like "oh" so imagine you are at the grocery store and you forgot your list but you know you are supposed to get a fruit so you walk around the produce section for a bit, see the pears, and then you say "Oh! Pear(s)!" Wow, that was cool/random/uncalled for. Any way, I have been here 7 months and will stay another 5. Early warning.... PARTY IN FEBRUARY! With German chocolate!

2 comments:

Tye said...

Holy Crappity! As far as I knew you were still in Utah! boy am I behind. Well, woot woot for Germany! (p.s. I knew what au pair was!;))

Maren said...

It's not so much that you're behind but more that I didn't tell a whole lot of people.