Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Rockin' the Futon

After a quick talk with Angie this morning via the computer-interwebs I stepped out into the remarkably warm streets and headed into the downest of towns to meet my girlfriend.  We swung into Bed, Bath & Beyond, bought some stuff for her older sister's birthday and of course a little something for myself (the apartment is still quite bare since the move).  Catching the train home I sat there and thought about the e-mail I had missed or ignored or whatever.  Wondering precisely where it went I dug into my inbox when I found a little something else by her that I'd missed (but much more recently).  That e-mail was an invitation to join a blog.  This blog.  So now I'm going to write something.

So, here's a brief introduction of precisely what's happened to me since we left high school, just so everyone is on the same page....

Firstly, I spent the first summer after not graduating in Salt Lake City working and hanging out with my then-girlfriend.  When I was about to move to Hawaii (literally within days) she convinced me to move to Utah Valley with her and go to school at Utah Valley State.  I spent two semesters down there (about nine months) hangin out.  I hated Utah Valley and moved back to Salt Lake City for six months while I worked and ignored school.  In November of 2006 I went on vacation to Hawaii and failed to return to Utah.  Once I'd quit my job over the phone I got a terrible job with Jamba Juice and spent the next months doing that before quitting out of frustration.  Needing a job I went to the local Apple Store and applied.  That worked out well.  Very well.  So well, in fact, that they moved me to New York in November of 2007 and I now live in New York and work at the new flagship store on West 14th Street (9th Ave).

So, that's the very brief version of where I've been, I'll see if I can't post here occasionally and keep you up to date with where I am.

Till then, 
-Zak

No comments: