Saturday, May 3, 2008

London Baby!


Well, more specifically Cambridge. Less than two months and I will be headed to the country of fog, tea and bad oral hygeine. What's this? You say you didn't know I was going to England? Well shame on me for keeping you out of the loop. Here's the scooby:

I am going to Cambridge for a study abroad program. I leave June 28 and get back Aug 10. (when I say get back I mean get back to Cali. Which is where i am living. In case you didn't know that either.) While in England I will be studying creative writing, spending a weekend in York, London, and Paris, and I will also try to post pictures and keep current on my blog (http://latye.blogspot.com/) as well as a post or two on this page. But we'll see how well that goes. For the most part I am really excited!!!!!!! But I am kinda nervous too, I've never been so far away alone before. Any advice from you world travelers?

Also, before I go I will be back in Utah for a week (May 24-May 31) So hopefully I'll see some of you before I go all international. Cheerio for now mates!

5 comments:

Kylee Jane said...

lauren dearest.....I'm glad I checked this blog for once. My advice to you for your adventure...ENJOY every stinkin minute of it. How many people do you know that go to Canbridge...let along ENGLAND. Takes lots of photos as well. They are the most worthwhile thing you will get out of the trip...AND OHHH please speak in a british accent on the subway/metro system??? and tell me how it goes!

Greg P said...

Kylee, it's the "underground" haha

Miss. Tye you will love your adventures. I am jealous for real! You need to give us all the "skinny" while you are gone.

And bring a jumper, it gets cold there somtimes!

Maren said...

All I have to say is, when riding the underground "Mind the Gap!" (If you don't get it now, you'll get it when you're in London.) That is way exciting that you get to study over there, I'm a little jealous. It's going to be so much fun. I was only in England for 4 days but it certainly has a big piece of my travelling heart. You're going to love it!

A said...

Lauren Dear, this freaking rocks and you have to tell me all about, because although I've never been to England it has a huge red star in my brain for the top place I ever want to travel to. Actually speaking of, we have a few family friends back there if you get horribly lonely, but odds are you'll meet them without knowing it since you'll go to the ward for Cambridge area...Sweet, and oddly enough bizarre.

Samantha said...

WOWSERS JEALOUS! :) HAVE SO MUCH FUN OVER THERE!!